Green Economy Coalition To fix our planet, we need to fix our economies. We're a global network fighting for fair, safe and sustainable economic reform - and holding governments to account.
- What next for Afghanistan?by Ben Martin on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 9:59 am
Our Dialogues Director reflects on his years working under the Taliban, and explores how society and power in Afghanistan have evolved since
- Greening the recovery with natural capital accountingby Ben Martin on Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 12:23 pm
Without good data, governments and public bodies cannot make good decisions - new approaches to ecosystem accounting are needed.
- Welcome to the Coalition's newest membersby Ben Martin on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Five new organisations have recently joined the GEC from around the world - covering fair trade, clean technology, and student activism
- UK must demonstrate leadership on green and fair tax reformby Ben Martin on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1:39 pm
In the run-up to the Glasgow climate talks, the UK has a golden opportunity to show how tax can support a green and fair transition.
- ‘Nature positive’ must mean more than just slowing down nature’s exterminationby Ben Martin on Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 10:25 am
With more and more businesses promising to become ‘nature positive’, new standards for planning, design and construction are urgently needed
- Green economy news round-up: Julyby Ben Martin on Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:44 am
All the latest news & views from across the green economy and sustainability sector, in a handy monthly digest.
- Government Dialogue on Natural Capital Accountingby Ben Martin on Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 2:53 pm
On July 13th we'll be joining with Capitals Coalition for a webinar on integrating the value of people and society into decision-making
- What we learned at the Stories for Life Virtual Gatheringby Ben Martin on Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:47 pm
What do stories and story-telling have to do with the daunting challenges we face in the coming century? Turns out, quite a lot.
- To the G7: Invest in nature for a green economic recoveryby Ben Martin on Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 1:13 pm
A joint statement to the G7 meeting from the Economics For Nature initiative
- We're all desperate to get back to normal. But should we?by Ben Martin on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Isn't it time we reforged our social contract? A poem by our special advisor, Kumi Naidoo.
- Nature at the heart of a green COVID-19 recovery: Global and country perspectivesby Ben Martin on Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Out of the wreckage of COVID, is a new consensus emerging around a nature-based green recovery?
- Stories for Life Virtual Gatheringby Ben Martin on Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 2:32 pm
On June 8th 2021, join us to create new stories through creative culture, arts, activism, new economic design, community action and more.
- Fair Trade isn't just about coffee. It's a roadmap for economic revolutionby Ben Martin on Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 11:00 am
Entrepreneurs around the world are forging a new kind of business - with the power to transform the whole economy.
- Transformative change: the best chance for biodiversity?by Ben Martin on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 9:53 am
Our natural world is in trouble, and existing protection approaches aren't working. Something new is needed - a radical break with the past.
- Understanding the link between trade, development and natureby Ben Martin on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:40 am
New learning tool from UNEP seeks to demystify the complex environmental and social impact of international commerce